Our law firm is looking for an associate attorney with 1 to 4 years of experience. The office is located in downtown Sacramento. The firm consists of individuals passionate about helping others, who are trustworthy, professional, and good mannered. We're looking for likeminded people who share these attributes to join our team. The firm’s primary practice is general business transactional and litigation.
The candidate must show:
• Attention to detail;
• Strong work ethic;
• Proactive and solution-oriented;
• Desire to pitch in and help;
• Ability to adapt to fluctuations in workload; and,
• Positive/upbeat attitude.
• Propounding and responding to discovery;
• Taking and defending depositions;
• Managing multiple litigation files;
• Preparing a variety of transactional documents;
• General marketing by attending networking events and writing articles;
• Drafting demand letters, pleadings and motions; and,
• Any other duties assigned by the supervising attorney.
• Excellent attention to detail;
• Strong writing skills;
• Knowledge of legal terminology, legal documents and legal processes;
• Knowledge of California litigation documents and processes;
• Knowledge of document management;
• Proficiency in Microsoft Word and Excel;
• Strong ability to multi-task, manage cases, and work with strict deadlines;
• Ability to prioritize tasks;
• Typing accurately at 50+ WPM; and,
• Outstanding communication skills.
• Spanish language is a plus, but not required (please include in cover letter).
• Depending on experience.
• Origination bonus of 15% of initial attorneys fees paid for retained clients.
• Paid Time Off; 401(k) plan; health and dental insurance.
How to Apply: Must send (1) cover letter, (2) resume and (3) writing sample.